For over a decade, Arsenal FC have promoted modern languages in schools through the award-winning Arsenal Double Club programme.
New for the 2017/18 academic year, the Arsenal Double Club is delighted to announce the launch of its new Beginner’s level materials in French, German, Spanish and Italian. A Portuguese version is available online.
Schools can sign up now to receive:
- Arsenal-themed pupil workbooks
- Enhanced Teacher’s Notes which guide deliverers through the pupil workbooks and provide creative ideas on how to expand sessions to include communicative skills
- Interactive PowerPoint activities
- Exclusive video footage of Arsenal players who are native speakers of French, German or Spanish
- Downloadable extras including flashcards, games and worksheets
- Coaching guide containing kinaesthetic language activities to be carried out on the playground or sports field
The topics covered within the workbooks include introductions, numbers, colours, countries, feelings and some simple football-related vocabulary.
Once you have finished using the materials in school, you have the option to bring your pupils to Emirates Stadium for a unique Language Day visit. The programme is available to all UK schools.